DISCUSSION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ministry of ARMOR Campaign

2 posters

Go down

Ministry of ARMOR Campaign Empty Ministry of ARMOR Campaign

Post  Jason Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Still working on making the hopefully upcoming campaign, but not sure about when it'll actually get off the ground, mostly with figuring what system we're using...
Jason
Jason
Admin

http://fridays.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Ministry of ARMOR Campaign Empty Re: Ministry of ARMOR Campaign

Post  I quit Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 am

Again, Definitely not 4E please. It just doesn't do the campaign justice with the crappy skill challenge system. I would say Pathfinder or 3.5, though Savage Worlds or BeSM would really make for a unique game with some awesome RP and character options.
I quit
I quit

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 am

4th edition definitely doesn't make the cut anyway, I'm still thinking about selling all but the bare essentials of my 4th books. It's too expensive to stay in that boat. Hasbro can go to hell for buying wizards.

edit: so far it seems only you and me are on this forum, Gabe. Have you talked to Garratt, Brandon, Andrew, or anyone else who would be in on this table?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:45 am

again, link to obsidianportal of Ministry Campaign info. Still in progress.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ministry-of-armor

any questions on the campaign can be addressed here, don't worry if you think it might be something I'm already writing on, I like to hear things.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I quit Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Again, I'm not super familiar with Pathfinder, but if it went that way I have some questions.

First one is for everyone. Who would be willing to learn and play in a pathfinder setting? (If you have questions about what Pathfinder is, I would suggest you PM Jason.)

Second. In my old Wizardry days we had a house rule that if you bought a spell component pouch, you wouldn't have to worry about keeping track of "A pinch of sand" or "A bit of Iron shavings." However Things like EXP costs, and costs over a few gold(5-10 DMs Choice). This makes playing a magic user 50% less a pain in the ass.

Third set of questions. How are Wizards looked at in your campaign? Are they feared and hated? Or if you go through the years of training to be a wizard, is the ministry the only real place to work? What about Sorcerers? Are they considered freaks and the ministry like to use or exploit their power to deal with greater threats? How about the miracles of the clerics? Truly divine, or questionable yet required? How does the ministry rope Clerics into working for them instead of directly working for their church?

Because if we do pathfinder I will be a magic user or a rouge, or maybe both... like a bard.
I quit
I quit

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Mad As A Hatter wrote:Again, I'm not super familiar with Pathfinder, but if it went that way I have some questions.

Second. In my old Wizardry days we had a house rule that if you bought a spell component pouch, you wouldn't have to worry about keeping track of "A pinch of sand" or "A bit of Iron shavings." However Things like EXP costs, and costs over a few gold(5-10 DMs Choice). This makes playing a magic user 50% less a pain in the ass.

it's actually funny that you say that, it's an actual rule now,
Pathfinder Core Rulebook wrote: Material (M): A material component consists of one or more physical substances or objects that are annihilated by the spell energies in the casting process. Unless a cost is given for a material component, the cost is negligible. Don't bother to keep track of material components with negligible cost. Assume you have all you need as long as you have your spell pouch.

Mad As A Hatter wrote:Third set of questions. How are Wizards looked at in your campaign? Are they feared and hated? Or if you go through the years of training to be a wizard, is the ministry the only real place to work? What about Sorcerers? Are they considered freaks and the ministry like to use or exploit their power to deal with greater threats? How about the miracles of the clerics? Truly divine, or questionable yet required? How does the ministry rope Clerics into working for them instead of directly working for their church?

For any creature who shows a great magical affinity, the view is different from region to region. In Veros, the main region where the ministry resides, magic users are viewed as any powerful being, either respected for their work, or feared for their might, but most in Veros are understanding that magic is another facet of life, and should be taken in moderation and practice.
The ministry itself actually retains record of magic users of note (very powerful ones) and is always ensuring that they do not make an abuse of their talent.

Other regions actually focus on scanning out for magical beings and beasts and taking them to special camps. (don't worry, we aren't on a border with them)

I haven't really elaborated on any form of divinity yet though,
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:26 am

UPDATE: I've locked this topic, and created a sub-forum in games titled for the campaign.

this way we only need one thread per inquiry and resolving them each as their own.
very organized.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down