DISCUSSION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of Purity

2 posters

Go down

Order of Purity Empty Order of Purity

Post  Jason Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Since Steph nabbed that book, and there's two days travel between the town Yok, and the ruins, I'm going to update a bit on what you'll understand about their religion after leafing through it.
Jason
Jason
Admin

http://fridays.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Order of Purity Empty Re: Order of Purity

Post  Jason Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Order of Purity:

"The church in Yok believes that they must resist all chaos, and gain perfection against the 'tests' of the curses emanating from the land. The despise physical deformity, and even more so despise those that think otherwise.

The Curse Lands, Vomica Plaga, is the source of what causes any abnormalities to the town, most notably the residents. These can range from being born with irregular limbs, to being part abhorrent creature. But the Priests believe the worst changes due to the curse lands, are on the mind.

The peasants of Yok and lived there for many generations, and continue to do so out of belief that they are performing a penance for the misdeeds of Old Veros, by suffering this plague in order to bring about perfection once again.

Priestesses in the Order of Purity deal with examining births and citizens on a routine basis, determining whether or not they are physically normal, or harborers of corruption. Priestesses of late have also begun to judge which villagers should mate, to produce children of perfection. But the tasks of Priestesses are trivial to the tasks of the Priests.

Priests in the Order are to evaluate the inner health of citizens. They determine if a man is either mentally sound, or a monster in guise of a man. To accomplish this, Priests practice the arts of divination, scrying, and the ability to read minds, and sense chaos and evil. They train daily, to be ready to purge the town of any "creature" they find.

The town of Yok does not turn away travelers, no matter how strange and outlandish, as long as they keep to themselves, and don't spread their 'filth' to the general public. Although the church does not disregard other races as "impure", they do not embrace them either. All residents of Yok are human.

The Order of Purity believes that magic is chaos, which like their own selves, must be tamed. Priests believe sorcerer blood is tainted, and desire to eliminate them. Magical research done by the church (other than the disciplines of the priests) is Negation. The foremost of the church send their studies of magic negation to the Institute of Spellwork & Alchemy in Centos.

The townspeople of Yok are generally sullen, depressed, or emotionless. Centuries of being constantly watched for unapproved behavior has weighed down on them. Most citizens do not even speak to each other, lest they bring attention to themselves. Many simply focus on their works, arguably making Yok the most efficient town in Veros, with goods of quality that rival the blacksmithing of dwarves, and the craftsmanship of elves."
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I quit Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 am

So if Tuvi was to know this, I could assume that the black robed bald man was most likely a priest looking to "clean" me and my sorcerer blood. Most likely with fire... or really big rocks. lol
I quit
I quit

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:11 pm

pretty much. putting clues together is important
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down