DISCUSSION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World (or Ye Worlde, to some)

2 posters

Go down

The World (or Ye Worlde, to some) Empty The World (or Ye Worlde, to some)

Post  Jason Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 pm

How much do you guys think you need to know about the world in general (I'm currently working on a map, and getting details down on how much the citizens know of "beyond their backyard")
Jason
Jason
Admin

http://fridays.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

The World (or Ye Worlde, to some) Empty Re: The World (or Ye Worlde, to some)

Post  I quit Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:51 pm

I believe the amount of knowledge would have a direct proportion how worldly the character is. Though to give you a more specific answer I will assume an average person in the world, a towns folk if you will. Then we would look at what kind of news circulation system do they have? Criers, news papers, some sort of magical broadcast system? Then we would look at how far reaching each of these would be, and how easy is it to gather basic information on other places. After that we would take into account things like commuters, and word of mouth thus also the telephone game effect.

So as an easier break down of my thinking here,
Crier=number of regions traveled though+Size of communities-telephone effect=Total reliable info.

Paper=Regions included in publicized info+regions traveled through+Size of communities-tabloids=total reliable info

Broadcast=Regions included+Regions scryed upon+Regions traveled though+Size-propaganda=Total reliable info.

At least this is how I think of it. So an adventurer, would have greater distance and would most likely get lower negatives as they would have more experience seeing through that sort of thing. So each character would have to look at their back story and make an estimate on that, and then compare it to your own thoughts re:back story and allowed info.
I quit
I quit

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 pm

I have summoned an idea.
Jason
Jason
Admin

http://fridays.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum